NAS 6: misadventures too


Ouch! I was in trouble. As reported, I’d set up everything as per the documentation provided, but something just kept on going wrong! First I got the error saying that the device I wanted to mount onto /raid1 wasn’t ready and then when I did a check on the RAID status with:

cat /proc/mdstat

I kept getting reports on md127! I wanted md0! After much searching and trial and error, I found this post and after following YesWeCan’s suggestions, it worked like a charm. I removed the name parameter from the mdadm.conf and ran the update-intramfs –u command. That appears to have sorted out the issue!

To bed for me now. I’ll finish the rest of the config tomorrow.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s