Today, I wanted to try this recipe out! I’ve never cooked cauliflower.
I had to customize it and I did a lot of it by feel!
- 400g Cauliflower
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled
- salt to taste
- turmeric 1/2 tsp
- cumin powder 1 tsp
- cumin seeds 1 tsp
- ghee 2 tbsp
- chilli 1 tsp or to taste
- chopped garlic 1 tsp
- Chop the potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes and cauliflower into similar cubes or cuts
- Add the oil to a pan and let it heat
- Add cumin seeds, garlic and chilli, let it fry for a couple of mins
- Add potatoes with the rest of the spices, except the salt. Stir vigorously and ensure that all the potatoes are coated evenly with the spices, keep covered for 5 mins
- Add in the cauliflower, followed by salt. Mix well
- Keep covered and stir occasionally. I expect this should take another 5-10 mins. Try a bit of the potato and cauliflower to confirm
I threw in some baladi bread in the oven. Quite a good mix. Yum.
I think tonight, I’ll have a salad.
I found this alternate recipe that looks interesting… I’ll try it next time: